York Electric Cooperative
York Electric Cooperative has provided electric services to a growing residential, commercial, and industrial membership since 1941. With more than 50,000 accounts and 100 employees, YEC has experienced the fastest growth over the past 20 years than any of the other 20 South Carolina cooperatives.
After identifying the need to update their web presence to be more user-friendly, interactive and modern, I worked with the co-op to develop a brand new website. The result is a site that retains the basic, important features of the original site – news articles, resources, energy-saving tips, etc. – while adding new dynamic features, including:
- Responsive, Mobile-First Design
- Award-Winning Content Management System
- Searchable Unclaimed Capital Credits Database
- Improved FAQ functionality
- Contact Forms Featuring Conditional Logic
- Predictive Site Search
- News Archive
- Digital Publications
- Embedded Video
- Automated English to Spanish Translation
- Font Resizing Capability
- Email Newsletter Sign up
- Integration with Third-Party Outage Map & Member Portal
- Built with Accessibility Standards in Mind
- …and more!
Email click rates have soared as high as 57%; that’s a whopping 48% higher than the industry average click-through rate of 9%.
We also manage YEC’s email campaigns:
- Creating messages with compelling subject lines for higher-than-average open rates
- Suggesting topics that can be used for content
- Managing and segmenting subscriber lists
- Tracking, analyzing and adapting campaigns based on results metrics
Scott’s expertise has made our website not only an essential communications tool but also an attractive extension of our programs and services.”
Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator
York Electric Cooperative, Inc.